
007 and I have this deal. We made the deal in 1998, and he has faithfully kept his side of the bargain every year. Oscar night the roles get reversed. I watch the Oscars uninterrupted and he has to cook dinner. Dinner is always some type of Thai food. Now the first year we did this, 007 invited a friend over to keep him company in the kitchen while I watch all of the pre-Oscar shows. Then the Oscars started and the curry was still in its infancy. Finally at around 10:30 MST, or just before the award for best picture was given out, the three of us sat down to eat. I have to say that after nine tries, he finally got the timing right. We enjoyed a lovely chicken satay appetizer and beef curry right after the first commercial break- a first for us. As far as the Oscars themselves, I fought to stay awake until they were over. A tad on the slow side, but I refused to give up the remote until the credits rolled. Now if I could only get him to cook Thai for the Superbowl, then I could enjoy it twice a year!
No comments:
Post a Comment