The birthday party season is over until October, but we ended it with the best party for Big Girl to date. She wanted a {slumber} party at home; however, Mom wasn't quite ready for all the drama and sleeplessness that goes with a sleepover. Another idea she had was a Nancy Drew party or a Mardi Gras party. After a little brainstorming session we had it- A Mardi Gras Mystery Party! I hid envelopes all over the house with an anagram of each child's name on the envelope. That child was given the responsibility of reading the clue so the group could hunt for the next clue. All 14 girls had a ball scouring the house for envelopes. I made it even more mysterious by turning off the main lights and let the girls use flashlights to carry out their detective work. At the final clue, the girls had to unscramble a set of letters and determined that the treasure chest was in the attic.
Sadly, I was so engrossed in the party and making sure the toddler was being a good detective that I only got a few photos and nothing on the camcorder!
3 comments:
Oh, the party sounded like so much fun. I wanna play!
How long did it take to come up with all the clues? I bet the dirty dishes were piling up! Hugs and kisses from Nana and Paw!
I didn't say anything about dirty dishes - That was your mother. Your children will remember their mother's imagination always. (They can eat out of paper plates if needed.)
Post a Comment