Friday, January 30, 2009

School bus, Slumber party and Sea Monkeys


     Awesome Friday for the girls. First up, Baby Girl is riding a school bus for the first time to watch a children's play. She was so excited that she forgot about show and tell. The good news is that nearly all the classmates forgot about show and tell. Big girl has her first slumber party tonight with her new classmates. I think I was in second grade when I went to my first one as well. I am kind of freaking out. First slumber parties, then make-up, driver's license, dating. . .  I can't believe they are growing up so fast. Lastly, baby girl got Sea Monkeys for her birthday.  I remember wanting Sea Monkeys as a kid, but growing up with all kinds of other critters in the back yard like crawfish, frogs, and fish in the bayou, Sea Monkeys were a bit pedestrian. So yesterday we started the great Sea Monkey experiment. We get to add the "eggs" in tonight so hopefully we will have a great photos with the Macro lens in the coming days. Don't worry dear blog readers, I'll be sure to post photos of my little monkeys too. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Let's not talk about dating yet (although mine, K & 1st grade, have boyfriends & talk about getting married)!!! They grow up way too fast!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome - You will continue to experience some of the pain, suffering, anguish, doubt, fear, anxiety, excitement, (must I go on) that your father and mother has experienced over the past 38 years!!! Luv- Ya

Anonymous said...

Big girl's dad never rode a school bus, even though he wanted to. I told him, "believe me son, you are not missing anything". He did ride the bus to Montgomery once for a field trip, and I was with him. I always secretly wanted sea monkeys...but I am pleased with the little monkeys I have been given. I had many slumber parties and had so much fun! Love you.