Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who needs Sea Monkeys? We've got SNOW!!!




Real, honest to goodness bon-a-fide snow.  I have been up since 5:oo am and I can't stop looking out the windows at all that sugary white powder. The girls were up and in the snow by 7:20 with Baby girl leading the charge. They made snow angels, walking trails and rolled down the little hill. By 8:00 am it was over.  Then after about an hour the neighborhood gang got together for some hot chocolate and the girls were able to use a real snow sled. Little Man was hilarious. He couldn't stop touching and eating the snow. He had a ball playing with all the kids and did not want to come in. Now I have puddles all over the porch and clothes drying out in the laundry room. Since my little Southern children have no snow boots or good mittens, I am trying to get everything dry again for a third trip out in the snow this afternoon.  The girls did want to mention that the sea monkeys will be feed for the first time today, but with all the action outside, I hope we remember to do it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so thrilled to see this...big girl wanted snow so badly when we were there. I am so glad little man was out in it also. I know my angels were estatic over the event. Love and kisses

Darlene said...

YEAH!!!! I know the kids are excited. My girls were excited with our once-in-10-year snow event here in La back in December.

Have fun!! Take lots & lots of pictures!!!! One of my favorite pictures of my girls after the snow (they went out in their gowns first) was drinking hot chocolate by the fire in their gowns. My camera was fogged up from being outside, so it automatically added a blurred effect around the edges.

Can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Darlene said...

So did baby girl remember to feed her sea monkeys yesterday during all the excitement of snow???

Anonymous said...

Finally we have some real snow pics.Little man is sooooo cute.Great to see all enjoying snow.

Nina