

It has been a busy couple of weeks. I have painted and almost finished decorating two rooms in our house. Since it took me about 4 years to just hang a picture in our other house, the decorating thing is a big deal. But I digress. It has been an emotional couple of weeks as well. First, I missed my niece's Senior Prom. I wasn't there to help with hair or make-up, give her date the third degree, or take photos on the hill. Last Saturday was a tough night. Then the first anniversary of a birth and a death. My grandmother died the same day her great granddaughter was born. My brother and sister in law named the baby after her. Little Bit was born at just 25 weeks and spent months in the hospital. She is a miracle, and hitting that first birthday was a huge milestone. I missed the cake, opening presents, sitting around and remembering our grandmother. It was really, really tough.
But. . .
I had a dear friend from Alabama that came over to spend the night. We had some much needed girl time and Ikea shopping. Then last night we had a wonderful new family from here that came to have dinner with us. Tonight, we are watching the Tar Heels and had another great meal that I didn't have to cook. So I'm better. Sure, I still miss boiled crawfish and sitting under a live oak tree dripping with Spanish Moss. I miss seeing my family and friends in LA. But I am also making some happy memories here. I know it will only get better, and now that the guest bedroom is done, I won't be able to keep the family away!
4 comments:
I AM MISSING MY FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER. THIS MONTH HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT KODAK MOMENTS. I AM GETTING VERY LONESOME FOR YOU. I MIGHT HAVE TO HOP ON A PLANE!
Love you.
Oh girl, you got me all choked up. I feel for you. But WOW, isn't digital photography awesome to share in these moments from miles away!!!! I'm so proud of your decorating, that takes a lot of effort. I've been working on my sb room, i'll send pics soon. WOW-she looks like a princess-I'm guessing we'll see a sb page soon of this beautiful princess, loved seeing this post.
Love ya,
Oh Jody you brought back so many memories of being homesick,many years ago,when we were in Germany.Luv the pics.Isn't Haley girl beautiful.
Post a Comment