Monday, January 21, 2008

POTD- Birthdays & Pioneer Woman




My baby girl is now my big girl and my niece is getting her driver's license! That reminds me that I'm overdue to color the gray out of my hair. ugh.

The other photo is my pitiful attempt at a farm photo a la the Pioneer Woman. I grew up on a farm run by my grandfather, then my uncle and aunt. I have some wonderful memories there and today I took a few shots of the cattle that my uncle still owns. Unfortunately I wasn't really dressed for the farm so I just pulled out the telephoto lens again. I guess I'd better do a Macro shot tomorrow.



7 comments:

Amy said...

I like how the candle light is so soft and warm on their faces. Very nice!

Val said...

Fun shots!! The PW makes me want to take farm photos too. She rocks

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh about the comment about your hair. I was thinking that I was overdue for a trip to the salon myself. I love photographing birthdays. There is something SO special about them, even for people who are (gulp) our age.

Toni said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday!
I love birthday photos, so fun, you can almost feel the excitement of the birthday girl.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Cute Shot

Becky said...

I love the way you captured the candlelight on the girls' faces. And Pioneer Woman was the first thing I thought of when I saw your photo, even before I saw your words. Good job!